Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

"I wish Verlander was a True Ace"

JustinVerlander with Total Domination during the 2012 playoffs, a perfect 3-0 record and microscopic 0.74 ERA.

Verlander extended his streak of scoreless innings to 23 with a shutout through eight, tying Kenny Rogers’ franchise record of 23, set in 2006.

Last edited:
I think the best part of this thread is trying to find the worst pitcher chica mentions is better than JV

"heck can you even argue JV has had a better career than Zambrano?"

wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I certainly don't enjoy being correct in this thread but I was ridiculed on all fronts in merely saying the vote would be close and that weaver would be considered

right on both fronts

Verlander didn't win? Trade him for prospects. I'd say draft picks if they were graspable. Blow up the starters, what the hell.

I certainly don't enjoy being correct in this thread bt I was ridiculed on all fronts in merely saying the vote would be close and that weaver would be considered

right on both fronts

As much as we all thought JV should have won it was a no brainer Price would make it close and for Weaver, you don't overlook 20 wins. He had a good season so easy to see him in 3rd. We just don't like him.

Most of us were right :nod:

I think the best part of this thread is trying to find the worst pitcher chica mentions is better than JV

"heck can you even argue JV has had a better career than Zambrano?"

wow.

kinda cute that this is going on.

at the time that was written (2 years ago), that was true.

I've gave the ace tag to him before this year

but carry on folks :)

I certainly don't enjoy being correct in this thread but I was ridiculed on all fronts in merely saying the vote would be close and that weaver would be considered

right on both fronts

Everybody knew it would be close between Price and JV because of the voters overall ignorance.

In regards to Weaver, he wasn't considered at all, so you were wrong about that.

He didn't receive a single first place vote, can't argue somebody was considered when only 2 voters even place him top 2.

How kind of you mighty baseball guru.

Now tell us again how you were right and Delmon Young was good.

You were just as full of shit and wrong 2 years ago as you are today, good to know that in a constantly evolving world, some things will never change.

when you say dumb shit on the internet be fullly prepared to have it brought back up.

Who let this fuckstick back in the building?

Just to warn you, you fn clown, if i ever run into you at a Lions game or a Tigers game in the future (and it will happen), i'm going to cave your skull in. And trust me, it's a small small world...it will happen.

I know you're going to report me because you're a fn rat bastard, but i don't care. You said the wrong shit to me and I WILL never forget it. You're a fn clown who just likes to stir up shit and get everyone going. There's fun in arguing, but you get people angry with your garbage. Keep your head on a swivel, loser.

Last edited:

LMMFAO.....I can't believe you even show your face (so to speak) here. The fact you belittle this thread by calling it "cute" shows it gets to you.

When you wrote it 2 years ago you were wrong the second you hit send. The only thing that has changed is Verlander has gone from an ace to the best pitcher on the planet. The best thing about your original quote isn't you questioning his "ace" status.....it's your list of who is better.....and your fucking laughable list of comparable pitchers. Kuroda and Gallardo. WOW. You sir, are a genius.

Please post your list of comparable players to other current Tigers. The winter can get long and a bit boring.....i need a laugh or two.

Tony, please post pictures of your next encounter with the Tutor....I need a new avatar.

I can not believe he has not changed his user name... all say one thing, he's got balls.

Back