Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

"I wish Verlander was a True Ace"

Was Chica the guy on the ESPN board that had an avatar picture of himself sipping a Zima in the sunset?

LMMFAO.....I can't believe you even show your face (so to speak) here. The fact you belittle this thread by calling it "cute" shows it gets to you.

When you wrote it 2 years ago you were wrong the second you hit send. The only thing that has changed is Verlander has gone from an ace to the best pitcher on the planet. The best thing about your original quote isn't you questioning his "ace" status.....it's your list of who is better.....and your fucking laughable list of comparable pitchers. Kuroda and Gallardo. WOW. You sir, are a genius.

Please post your list of comparable players to other current Tigers. The winter can get long and a bit boring.....i need a laugh or two.

Tony, please post pictures of your next encounter with the Tutor....I need a new avatar.

no kidding even two years ago comparing verlander to zambrano was ridiculous...that was why I quoted that specifically.

LMMFAO.....I can't believe you even show your face (so to speak) here. The fact you belittle this thread by calling it "cute" shows it gets to you.

When you wrote it 2 years ago you were wrong the second you hit send. The only thing that has changed is Verlander has gone from an ace to the best pitcher on the planet. The best thing about your original quote isn't you questioning his "ace" status.....it's your list of who is better.....and your fucking laughable list of comparable pitchers. Kuroda and Gallardo. WOW. You sir, are a genius.

Please post your list of comparable players to other current Tigers. The winter can get long and a bit boring.....i need a laugh or two.

Tony, please post pictures of your next encounter with the Tutor....I need a new avatar.

It will be a mess of a pic...that's a guarantee ;)

Last edited:
blog.detroitathletic.com/2013/02/16/verlander-will-continue-to-climb-tigers-all-time-records-list-in-2013/ ? @JustinVerlander will continue to climb Tigers' all-time records list in 2013.

TonyBalls has a bad temper, man...

I wouldn't wanna fuck with that guy.

Derrrrgh.

But you call guys out who fn live in Canada. That's the toughest of em all, big fella...lmfao.

I LIVE IN CANADA!! See the irony of it all?? No? Oh, ok then...

Justin Verlander's $180M contract is largest for a pitcher in MLB history.

Since 2009, Justin Verlander ranks first in all of baseball in: Starts (135), Wins (78), WHIP (1.08), Strikeouts (977), WAR (26.0, highest among pitchers).

"How can they give this Verlander guy that kind of money when he isn't an Ace"?

Back