Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

fat piece of shit apologizes to law student

Romneybot said:
The funniest part about the advertising is that many of those companies advertise on both right and left wing shows.

Heh this was what really got me laughing at him:

in his blog, Cenk Uygur claims that Rush's ratings numbers are largely inflated, and have been declining for some time, which is why so many advertisers are fleeing. if he was actually a valuable commodity, they would stick it out. but he's not.

he states that Rush's claim of 20 million listeners can be traced to a quote in 1993 from a guy on his staff that's never been substantiated in any meaningful way.

I think it is precious how outraged you all got over this, but a complete nod of agreement and bevy of jokes when Ann Coulter was called a slut.

They are both politically motivated, and both received apologies, hollow or otherwise. Yet somehow, Rush should die because of this. I'm no Rush supporter but the double-standard, the selective moral outrage, and the hypocrisy is unbelieveable.

. . . and BTW if it is the denigration of women that is really the issue, the two situations are very similar.

KAWDUP said:
I think it is precious how outraged you all got over this, but a complete nod of agreement and bevy of jokes when Ann Coulter was called a slut.

They are both politically motivated, and both received apologies, hollow or otherwise. Yet somehow, Rush should die because of this. I'm no Rush supporter but the double-standard, the selective moral outrage, and the hypocrisy is unbelieveable.

. . . and BTW if it is the denigration of women that is really the issue, the two situations are very similar.

dumb post.

of course you have no fucking idea what I did or said when Ann Coulter was called a slut, or even if I was aware she was called a slut in the first place.

OK "people of your ilk" - that make it better for you?

There were a number on this board who did exactly what I said. Making you pay for it maybe wrong, but the comment stands.

KAWDUP said:

There were a number on this board who did exactly what I said. Making you pay for it maybe wrong, but the comment stands.

it shouldn't stand. Your amateurish, poorly thought out comparison isn't even apt.

coulter is a public figure, who goes on talk shows, and attacks political opponents, both in general and often personally.

Ms. Fluke is a private citizen who testified before a panel consisting solely of democrats (the republican & felon Darrell Issa refused to allow her to address the full committee for complete BS reasons)

and regardless, calling her a slut is a blanket insult in Coulter's case; no one is actually using it to imply she's promiscuous or attack her personal morality, like Rush did.

so, no, there's no hypocrisy between being "outraged" as you put it in this case, and what someone says to a public figure and well-known pundit (who often responds in kind). Coulter's dished it out in any number of sick and twisted ways. Ms. Fluke has not... she never attacked republicans, and her testimony, despite what the GOP tries to imply, is sincere. She's not getting a cut from some "think tank" on the left, or the healthcare industry... unlike the people testifying against the birth control supplement...

You may want to try another tactic to defend Limbaugh in this case. going after his detractors isn't going to work.

MichChamp02 said:
KAWDUP said:

it shouldn't stand. Your amateurish, poorly thought out comparison isn't even apt.

coulter is a public figure, who goes on talk shows, and attacks political opponents, both in general and often personally.

Ms. Fluke is a private citizen who testified before a panel consisting solely of democrats (the republican & felon Darrell Issa refused to allow her to address the full committee for complete BS reasons)

and regardless, calling her a slut is a blanket insult in Coulter's case; no one is actually using it to imply she's promiscuous or attack her personal morality, like Rush did.

so, no, there's no hypocrisy between being "outraged" as you put it in this case, and what someone says to a public figure and well-known pundit (who often responds in kind). Coulter's dished it out in any number of sick and twisted ways. Ms. Fluke has not... she never attacked republicans, and her testimony, despite what the GOP tries to imply, is sincere. She's not getting a cut from some "think tank" on the left, or the healthcare industry... unlike the people testifying against the birth control supplement...

You may want to try another tactic to defend Limbaugh in this case. going after his detractors isn't going to work.

She did it to become a public figure, and has said as much. She was looking to call attention to a school that did not normally provide contraception in their health care. Again her words. In addition it has come out that it was politically motivated too.

So while you think it's amateurish and poorly thought out, you would be wrong as usual.

It doesn't make any difference whether she was a pundit, so get off your high horse. As many screamed here - it was about how women were being denigrated. It doesn't have to be just women who never attacked Republicans. What an ignorant thing to say.

. . . and two more things my uninformed friend - 1) my point was about many other media outlets or other posters here (not necessarily you Mr Ed) and 2) I never defended the butthead (and still don't - so go screw yourself on that account). I want to see the moral outrage applied equally - otherwise it is just more coffeehouse crap and is the definition of hypocrisy. Maybe I need to get you a dictionary too.

Lastly, I never said she deserved anything, other than a sincere apology. I don't know how you get off saying anything to the contrary.

I was talking about similar situations. So cut the crap.

you cut the crap. your analysis was garbage.

there's no comparison between Coulter - a partisan talking head who takes part in the Fox News mudslinging on a regular basis - and Sandra Fluke.

the criticism of her sex life was completely uncalled for and unwarranted. it's not even close to the same thing as anyone calling coulter a slut.

Riiight - my analysis is only garbage because you disagree with it and can't counter the argument. Typical champ.

Well you are wrong as usual. So according to you, as long as it a woman you don't like feel free, right? You are the definition of selective moral outrage.

Neither comment was called for you jerk. You keep adding to the similarities with each post you make.

who called Ann Coulter a slut ?

you're thinking Laura Ingrham...when Ed Schultz called her a right wing slut.

right it was Coulter being called a cunt - so much better.

. . . and yes it was Laura Ingraham that was called the slut.

KAWDUP said:

Don't you generally throw a fit when someone lumps you in with the right wing crowd, or makes assumptions?

Aside from the fact that the object of your argument was inaccurate?

MichChamp02 said:

there's no comparison between Coulter - a partisan talking head who takes part in the Fox News mudslinging on a regular basis - and Sandra Fluke.

the criticism of her sex life was completely uncalled for and unwarranted. it's not even close to the same thing as anyone calling coulter a slut.

dont recall Coulter appearing in front of the US Congress begging for money so she can have sex. WOW, It's still hard to believe the nerve of the left

tsmith7559 said:
MichChamp02 said:

dont recall Coulter appearing in front of the US Congress begging for money so she can have sex. WOW, It's still hard to believe the nerve of the left

She was not begging for money so she could have sex, I'm sure she would have sex regardless, it was about contraception, and protection from STD's, or "safe sex".

And nobody ever called Coulter a slut, that was someones boo-boo of an argument.

MI_Thumb said:
tsmith7559 said:

She was not begging for money so she could have sex, I'm sure she would have sex regardless, it was about contraception, and protection from STD's, or "safe sex".

And nobody ever called Coulter a slut, that was someones boo-boo of an argument.

she wants the money to buy contraceptives to HAVE SEX... you probably cant comprehend it yourself...its really amazing to me. pay my $3,000 sex protection bill so I can move forward with my private sex life.
Hell, why not pay for my Golf Membership. Playing golf frees me of stress and gets me in shape. It should be paid for too!!, c'mon guys send me a check, LOL...what next

SLICK said:
who called Ann Coulter a slut ?

you're thinking Laura Ingrham...when Ed Schultz called her a right wing slut.

Didn't he call her a "media slut"? Basically substituting slut for whore as in right wing "media whore", someone who is shilling for the right wing in the media rather than saying anything about Laura Ingraham's sexual activity . Of course he apologized and wasn't he suspended too? He also didn't follow it up with a 3 day long tirade. Poor choice of words by Ed and he paid a price for that, but he at least didn't ask to see sex tapes of Ingraham.

Personally, I have heard Rush say more offensive things, not sure why people are surprised and making a big deal out of all of this right now. Perhaps it's just not the time to say these types of things with women's health issues being at the forefront in this country right now.

So what's the tally, how many have been called sluts I've lost count.

Ed went on national tv and apologized in a 4 min speech. Rush wrote 2 sentences in an email and it probably wasn't even him. Youll wait forever for an apology from rush.....cause hes an egomanic dickface.

Back