Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

fat piece of shit apologizes to law student

mhughes0021 said:
Ed went on national tv and apologized in a 4 min speech. Rush wrote 2 sentences in an email and it probably wasn't even him. Youll wait forever for an apology from rush.....cause hes an egomanic dickface.

AND don't forget that Schultz's insult wasn't anything like Rush Limbaugh's in the first place, and nowhere near as egregious.

You can read the two and decide for yourself.

Or you can be like KAWDUP...

MichChamp02 said:
mhughes0021 said:
Ed went on national tv and apologized in a 4 min speech. Rush wrote 2 sentences in an email and it probably wasn't even him. Youll wait forever for an apology from rush.....cause hes an egomanic dickface.

AND don't forget that Schultz's insult wasn't anything like Rush Limbaugh's in the first place, and nowhere near as egregious.

Let's be honest, if you were a conservative and not a liberal you'd have a different take. Nothing against it just the way the world is -- we all have a side.

Do people realize that Fluke testified about instances of purely MEDICAL needs for contraceptive medications? Her testimony was not about sex at all, but about the medical needs for contraception.

And what is this "we pay for it" crap? Medical benefits are part of an employees agreed to compensation for a given job. How is Rush or anyone else paying for this for Ms. Fluke? I have insurance through my job, not sure how anyone but my employer and I are paying for my coverage besides maybe some tax credits my employer might take advantage of. What's that about?

That video of Rush bouncing up and down getting all turned on about wanting to see sex tapes on line is absolutely priceless.

johnny2x2x said:
Do people realize that Fluke testified about instances of purely MEDICAL needs for contraceptive medications? Her testimony was not about sex at all, but about the medical needs for contraception.

And what is this "we pay for it" crap? Medical benefits are part of an employees agreed to compensation for a given job. How is Rush or anyone else paying for this for Ms. Fluke? I have insurance through my job, not sure how anyone but my employer and I are paying for my coverage besides maybe some tax credits my employer might take advantage of. What's that about?

That video of Rush bouncing up and down getting all turned on about wanting to see sex tapes on line is absolutely priceless.

That's Rush, entertainer. Getting something like contraception through a medical plan is one thing but having your school pay for it is another. Not versed on all this but wouldn't the college need to recoup this money somehow? Maybe goes to other students who aren't interested. I don't know, just speculating.

tsmith7559 said:
MI_Thumb said:
She was not begging for money so she could have sex, I'm sure she would have sex regardless, it was about contraception, and protection from STD's, or "safe sex".

And nobody ever called Coulter a slut, that was someones boo-boo of an argument.

she wants the money to buy contraceptives to HAVE SEX... you probably cant comprehend it yourself...its really amazing to me. pay my $3,000 sex protection bill so I can move forward with my private sex life.
Hell, why not pay for my Golf Membership. Playing golf frees me of stress and gets me in shape. It should be paid for too!!, c'mon guys send me a check, LOL...what next

This reply is one of the saddest, mot pathetic attempts at making a point I have ever seen, you still don't even know what the woman wanted, yet you insist you do.

You act like she needs the money in order to have a sex life, which I guess you must believe because you're just too dumb to get the whole concept.

You must be related to Bill O'Reilly. (you can't explain that!)

Well, this is the stupidity of the logic of Limbaugh's position - I'm sure he realizes it's logically stupid, but being stupid on a lot of things is something he gets the big bucks for:

The initial argument is that these contraceptives are being paid for by Catholic EMPLOYERS, and the contraceptives are fundamentally against Catholic orthodoxy -

But -- Rush turns around and implies that it's the TAXPAYERS who are paying for them - which is bullshit, it's the Catholic employers who are - which is what the first amendement protection argument for the Catholic employers is based on anyway.

So Rush Limbaugh is just talking out of his ass.

Kind of sad in a way because they Catholic church is against contraceptives though high % of Catholics use them. Maybe sad is the wrong word but surprised.

MI_Thumb said:
KAWDUP said:
OK "people of your ilk" - that make it better for you?

There were a number on this board who did exactly what I said. Making you pay for it maybe wrong, but the comment stands.

Don't you generally throw a fit when someone lumps you in with the right wing crowd, or makes assumptions?

Aside from the fact that the object of your argument was inaccurate?

Yep - my bad. I was responding to chumpy, but even though it looks like it, I really wasn't trying to lump him in with anyone, just trying to make the point that he uses selective moral outrage just like the liberal media.

I realize it got muddled. I'll work on that.

MichChamp02 said:
mhughes0021 said:

It is amazing to me how you can so thoroughly miss my point and sound so smug about it at the same time.

My point, because you obviously either don't understand or refuse to accept it, is that both actions are repugnant. You are bent out of shape because the perpetrator in your case isn't a leftist comedian who you adore.

It does not matter at all which one's are nice in the scenario's and which ones are scumbags. They both are wrong, yet one perp is treated like a conquering hero, and the other becomes more of a pariah in your eyes if that is even possible.

Quit telling me about how they are so different because one of the punishments was worse than the other or some apology sucked worse than the other's. That is all meaningless rhetoric and you know it.

The fact remains they are treated differently in the media and it would seem by you also. It is ok to be morally bankrupt as long as we don't like what the human female we are denigrating stands for. That is what you are saying . . . and it total BS.

Ovarian cysts are a gift from God....why get rid of them?

johnny2x2x said:

she wanted other people to pay for her $3,000 charge....plan and simple.

tsmith7559 said:
johnny2x2x said:

she wanted other people to pay for her $3,000 charge....plan and simple.

Rush Limbaugh said "we" pay for it...not "other people" pay for it...

"When you let university administrators or other employers rather than women and their doctors dictate whose medical needs are legitimate and whose are not, a woman

He's not going to get it, you might as well give up.

It would be one thing if the dolt wanted to argue against the real facts, but he's too stubborn to even know what the hell the argument is about, or care about figuring it out.

Like I said, he's Bill O'Reilly jr.

MI_Thumb said:
He's not going to get it, you might as well give up.

It would be one thing if the dolt wanted to argue against the real facts, but he's too stubborn to even know what the hell the argument is about, or care about figuring it out.

Like I said, he's Bill O'Reilly jr.

no, he's more like Glenn Beck Jr. crazy and stupid.

My comparison to O'Reilly was how Bill went on for weeks about the "Terrorists want to build a Mosque at ground zero" idea he had, even when people explained it was not at ground zero, and that all Muslims are not terrorists, he just stuck to his guns.

I know other people were misled by his and Fox News's stories on it, but the way O'Reilly just makes that face like "nope, nuh-uh" reminds me of tsmith in this thread, he has no clue what he is going on about, and no desire to get his facts straight.

But, that said...he's probably like Glenn Beck too, with a little Hannity thrown in for good measure.

[quote="johnny2x2x":75rmhpd6]"When you let university administrators or other employers rather than women and their doctors dictate whose medical needs are legitimate and whose are not, a woman

MichChamp02 said:
mhughes0021 said:

Rush's was somewhat tongue-in-cheek. Tasteless and offensive, certainly. Mabye even nasty.

Schultz's was venomous spew.

You need to listen to them, and not just read them.

MI_Thumb said:
My comparison to O'Reilly was how Bill went on for weeks about the "Terrorists want to build a Mosque at ground zero" idea he had, even when people explained it was not at ground zero, and that all Muslims are not terrorists, he just stuck to his guns.

I know other people were misled by his and Fox News's stories on it, but the way O'Reilly just makes that face like "nope, nuh-uh" reminds me of tsmith in this thread, he has no clue what he is going on about, and no desire to get his facts straight.

But, that said...he's probably like Glenn Beck too, with a little Hannity thrown in for good measure.

Can't he be like a Liberal guy :) How about Colmes?

Back