Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers Sign Eduardo Rodriguez, Injured finger, now possible opt out or trade

so, blame the one guy that actually did his job?

7IP, 2H, 2BB, 1ER, 13K

You should put the blame on the guys on the team that didn't do their jobs. He left the game with a 5-1 lead. He didn't bail on his team, the bull pen let the team down.

Also, fuck Torii Hunter. He went 0-5 that day and he miss played the grand slam by Ortiz. If he takes the right path he might make the catch and he doesn't end up in the bull pen.

I see you haven't changed your opinion of the circumstances! I blame the guy who didn't finish his job. The guy who verbally assaulted managers who tried to remove him from games as a National.

And I contend that the manager suddenly went General Daniel Sickles at Gettysburg and created a vulnerability that didn't exist.

Last edited:
I see you haven't changed your opinion of the circumstances! I blame the guy who didn't finish his job. The guy who verbally assaulted managers who tried to remove him from games as a National.

to an extent, I agree

Here are some guys that didn't finish their jobs
Veras 0.1 IP
Smyly 1 hit, 1 walk, 1 ER couldn't even get an out
Alburquerque, registered one out, 1 hit, 1 ER
Benoit, registered one out but gave up the grand slam
Hunter, had a bad route on the GS

Hunter again in the top of the 9th...popped out to SS to complete his 0-5 day

Porcello in the bottom of the 9th
Single
Iggy has a throwing error
Porcello gives up game winning single without registering an out

Yes, let's blame the one guy on the team that had an outstanding game :cheers:

to an extent, I agree

Here are some guys that didn't finish their jobs
Veras 0.1 IP
Smyly 1 hit, 1 walk, 1 ER couldn't even get an out
Alburquerque, registered one out, 1 hit, 1 ER
Benoit, registered one out but gave up the grand slam
Hunter, had a bad route on the GS

Hunter again in the top of the 9th...popped out to SS to complete his 0-5 day

Porcello in the bottom of the 9th
Single
Iggy has a throwing error
Porcello gives up game winning single without registering an out

Yes, let's blame the one guy on the team that had an outstanding game :cheers:

Yes. Scherzer shoulders a large share of the responsibility. Like I blame the NFL RB who slows down at the 5 after a 90-yard run and gets tackled from behind on the one. And then the QB fumbles the ensuing snap into the hands of a DB who returns it 100-yards for the winning TD.

Yes. Scherzer shoulders a large share of the responsibility. Like I blame the NFL RB who slows down at the 5 after a 90-yard run and gets tackled from behind on the one. And then the QB fumbles the ensuing snap into the hands of a DB who returns it 100-yards for the winning TD.

of course you do...and it's flawed logic. I mean, it probably isn't taxing to run 90 yards at full speed...nobody should be expected to loose some steam toward the end of the run.

I remember Barry Sanders getting caught from behind on many long runs. I guess in your mind, any bad plays that happened after his great runs were his fault.

of course you do...and it's flawed logic. I mean, it probably isn't taxing to run 90 yards at full speed...nobody should be expected to loose some steam toward the end of the run.

I remember Barry Sanders getting caught from behind on many long runs. I guess in your mind, any bad plays that happened after his great runs were his fault.

"Slows down" is different than "loose (sic) some steam". Maybe "letting up" is more accurate.

Last edited:
Trade him for whom? Not against the idea, but what's fair compensation?

Trade him for whom? Not against the idea, but what's fair compensation?

At this point, I'm not sure it matters. If he continues to play well, he is going to opt out and the Tigers would get nothing in return.

Ideally, it would be for some sort of major league ready or players with some major league experience.

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2023/05/06/deeper-discussions-71/
DEEPER DISCUSSIONS.
Totally Tigers

The Detroit Tigers? Eduardo Rodriguez continues to impress everyone with his pitching this year. He had yet another stellar performance opposite Justin Verlander, pitching 8 scoreless innings for the win.

He is 3-2 with a 1.81 ERA and a miniscule .784 WHIP.

ERod signed a contract for $77 mill and is currently being paid $14 mill which ups to $18 mill next year followed by the last 2 years at $14 mill ? $15 mill.
He ranks somewhere after #40 in terms of most expensive starting pitchers and has an opt out after this year.

It is widely expected that if Eduardo has a solid year, he will opt out from his contract after this season.

Should the Tigers allow him to walk or should they offer a contract extension/renegotiate his contract? Rodriquez would be expected to want an additional 2-3 years tacked onto his current one. He is currently 30 years old and any new contract would be expected to take him to age 35 ? maybe even longer.

He is currently making in the mid-teens which is considered to be a relative bargain. He may be wanting something closer to $20+ mill/year going forward.

What should the Tigers do?

Today?s blog addresses this dilemma and allows readers to share their thoughts in more detail. And hopefully, to actively engage with others by responding to their posts and creating back-and-forth discussion threads. The more the merrier!

For this one blog only, you?ve got 6 sentences max to share your thoughts. Of course, you can respond to as many other readers as you want.

TT will supply the ammunition. One thought-provoking question. Several options provided. One hard choice to be selected. One vote.
Ready?

What should the Tigers do about Eduardo Rodriguez?

1. Allow him to opt out of his contract after this year.

2. Renegotiate his contract in order to keep him.

VOTE

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2023/05/06/deeper-discussions-71/
DEEPER DISCUSSIONS.
Totally Tigers

The Detroit Tigers? Eduardo Rodriguez continues to impress everyone with his pitching this year. He had yet another stellar performance opposite Justin Verlander, pitching 8 scoreless innings for the win.

He is 3-2 with a 1.81 ERA and a miniscule .784 WHIP.

ERod signed a contract for $77 mill and is currently being paid $14 mill which ups to $18 mill next year followed by the last 2 years at $14 mill ? $15 mill.
He ranks somewhere after #40 in terms of most expensive starting pitchers and has an opt out after this year.

It is widely expected that if Eduardo has a solid year, he will opt out from his contract after this season.

Should the Tigers allow him to walk or should they offer a contract extension/renegotiate his contract? Rodriquez would be expected to want an additional 2-3 years tacked onto his current one. He is currently 30 years old and any new contract would be expected to take him to age 35 ? maybe even longer.

He is currently making in the mid-teens which is considered to be a relative bargain. He may be wanting something closer to $20+ mill/year going forward.

What should the Tigers do?

Today?s blog addresses this dilemma and allows readers to share their thoughts in more detail. And hopefully, to actively engage with others by responding to their posts and creating back-and-forth discussion threads. The more the merrier!

For this one blog only, you?ve got 6 sentences max to share your thoughts. Of course, you can respond to as many other readers as you want.

TT will supply the ammunition. One thought-provoking question. Several options provided. One hard choice to be selected. One vote.
Ready?

What should the Tigers do about Eduardo Rodriguez?

1. Allow him to opt out of his contract after this year.

2. Renegotiate his contract in order to keep him.

VOTE

she forgot an option. Trade him.

Back