Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Who's brave?

Hungry said:
Hungry said:
girls wearing them are ok. Guys? No, just no. 99% of the girls i know say they shouldn't be wearing them either.

Dang! I just made that the post for which I become a 'full member?'

seems like a waste...

I don't get dudes in tight clothes at all, either, except for competitive swimmers (or divers) and gymnasts when they're competing or training...maybe a sport or two that doesn't come to mind...otherwise, tight clothes on a guy just seem feminine.

Hungry said:
bigvic said:
It's cool, okay Tinsel?!?!

I have to admit that my post was mostly in jest. Hopefully, I didn't need to point that out to you guys.

You didn't have to point it out to me; and when I used the term "beatnicky" it wasn't perjorative; I never heard the term "chin strap" and I've always just thought of that look as the beatnick look.

I like beatnick stuff, too, right after I graduated from Michigan, in April '84, I played R.P. McMurphy in a summer run of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest at The Performance Network (I wore big side burns, though, as McMurphy is described to have had in the book, not the chin strap).

So as I was prepping, I read that book, and I read Kerouac's On the Road and I read some non-fiction by Alan Ginsburg and I read some Neal Cassady and a few others.

One thing I didn't do was watch the movie again though (I had only seen it once, a long time before, and I didn't remember much except for the basic plot).

I had a lot of fun researching for that role.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
Hungry said:
Dang! I just made that the post for which I become a 'full member?'

seems like a waste...

I don't get dudes in tight clothes at all, either, except for competitive swimmers (or divers) and gymnasts when they're competing or training...maybe a sport or two that doesn't come to mind...otherwise, tight clothes on a guy just seem feminine.

Sometimes I like to wear tight clothes when I work out, like a tight underarmor shirt or something, but then I'm working out in my basement and no one sees me. I used to work out in the gym like that, though. Of course, I was going with the tight shirt and loose shorts.

Red and Guilty said:
OK...adding 2 cents to all the circle beard talk.... When I get to the point I was in the picture, the corners of my mustache rebel and start turning up. It wants to rock the bare-knuckle boxer/1800s baseball-style handlebar....which I've done for very short periods of time, hours, without going in public. (You know, when you shave the full beard, you might as well carve out a friendly mustache for a few hours..circle beards become fu manchus.)
I had a goatee in the 90's but decided to shave it after noticing everyone seemed to have one. I went all handle bar mustache for one day, and everyone I was around thought I was angry all day. It was just the shape of my stache. After that I shaved it and never grew it back.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
Hungry said:
I have to admit that my post was mostly in jest. Hopefully, I didn't need to point that out to you guys.

You didn't have to point it out to me; and when I used the term "beatnicky" it wasn't perjorative; I never heard the term "chin strap" and I've always just thought of that look as the beatnick look.

I like beatnick stuff, too, right after I graduated from Michigan, in April '84, I played R.P. McMurphy in a summer run of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest at The Performance Network (I wore big side burns, though, as McMurphy is described to have had in the book, not the chin strap).

So as I was prepping, I read that book, and I read Kerouac's On the Road and I read some non-fiction by Alan Ginsburg and I read some Neal Cassady and a few others.

One thing I didn't do was watch the movie again though (I had only seen it once, a long time before, and I didn't remember much except for the basic plot).

I had a lot of fun researching for that role.

+1 for the word of the day - perjorative

-1 for misspelling it - pejorative

Besides, it would have given you as many as me and we can't have that, now can we?
grin.png

Sigh... As soon as i figure out how to do it I will.... I am not good with computers..

i just turned 21 and i usually have just a chin beard. or a chin strap. only because i cant fully grow a goatee :( lol.

and no guy should ever wear skinny jeans, those weird bracelets/gloves, tight bright shirts. eyebrow, nose, lip, tounge piercings. changing your hair color is a little weird too.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Sigh... As soon as i figure out how to do it I will.... I am not good with computers..

You can post a picture here,of course, but I'm going to create tOfficial one on Monday, so you can figure it out between now and then.

I'll try to help. Click Reply, then in the post window you'll find a Browse button where it will take you to the pictures located on your computer. (Make sure the picture you want to post is in the Pictures folder.) Double click the picture you want to post and it will copy the file's name to the Browse box. Then, before clicking Post, I believe you have to type some text in the box or it won't post the picture.

Good luck with it!

Maize&Cheese304 said:
i just turned 21 and i usually have just a chin beard. or a chin strap. only because i cant fully grow a goatee :( lol.

and no guy should ever wear skinny jeans, those weird bracelets/gloves, tight bright shirts. eyebrow, nose, lip, tounge piercings. changing your hair color is a little weird too.

DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT shave your forearm hair to please a young lady!! What in the world is up with that?

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
Maize&Cheese304 said:

DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT shave your forearm hair to please a young lady!! What in the world is up with that?
WTF? Where did you get that?

Jever4321 said:
GoBlueInAtlanta said:

It's goin' on around here. Little girls are sayin', "EWWW, arm hair is gross!" and talking the boys into shaving their arms. A further attempt at the feminization of american males.

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
Jever4321 said:

It's goin' on around here. Little girls are sayin', "EWWW, arm hair is gross!" and talking the boys into shaving their arms. A further attempt at the feminization of american males.
That's outrageous. I can't imagine the ridicule in my circle of friends ground up that would be dished out. It would have been relentless.

Maize&Cheese304 said:

I'm thinking of buzzing in the winged helmet thing like my friend Brent here; maybe dying the hair maize and blue for the first game or the Notre Dame game, or both, or just shaving my lid and painting the winged helmet onto my dome.

How would that be?

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
Maize&Cheese304 said:

i gotta say, thats fucking retarded. im guilty of shaving my chest and stomach once, but thats it lol

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
[quote="Maize&Cheese304":6j48o50d]i just turned 21 and i usually have just a chin beard. or a chin strap. only because i cant fully grow a goatee :( lol.

I'm thinking of buzzing in the winged helmet thing like my friend Brent here; maybe dying the hair maize and blue for the first game or the Notre Dame game, or both, or just shaving my lid and painting the winged helmet onto my dome.

How would that be?[/quote:6j48o50d]

I don't know, I just can't picture how that would look on someone.

it would look stupid everywhere outside the Big House. Inside it would look really cool, and he would definitely get on TV. Someone might even comment about what great school spirit "that young man" has.

I hope i did this right,but this is me and my dad at my first and only game i've made it to. This was back in 09 against Eastern Michigan

Back