Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ain't it fun though?!

It's sad how "lions fans" chalk up a loss.

Newsflash we are much better than Cowboys

We are? Is that why they are a seven point favorite and have home field against us? Makes sense.

Cowboys had bitch schedule. Lions will crush them. About to be 3 in a row wins against dallas

Cowboys did have a pretty soft schedule with the 30th overall hardest schedule.

However, the Lions weren't much better at 23.

http://www.predictionmachine.com/Strength-of-Schedule-Rankings

I think this is going to be more of a game than a lot of people on this board seem to feel it will be, and I think we have every chance to steal one on the road, but the Cowboys are far from "suck" and the Lions have every reason to be thinking about their off-season plans.

Cowboys did have a pretty soft schedule with the 30th overall hardest schedule.

However, the Lions weren't much better at 23.

http://www.predictionmachine.com/Strength-of-Schedule-Rankings

I think this is going to be more of a game than a lot of people on this board seem to feel it will be, and I think we have every chance to steal one on the road, but the Cowboys are far from "suck" and the Lions have every reason to be thinking about their off-season plans.

Like an 0-16 chance vs .500 +teams on the road kind of chance? Or better than that?

Lions have more offensive talent and a much better defense.

Lions have more offensive talent and a much better defense.

Would you like to explain how the Lions have more offensive talent?

The Cowboys O-line is 100x better than who we'll be starting (KEY DIFFERENCE)
Demarco Murray is better than Joique Bell or Reggie Bush
Dez Bryant has played as well or better than Calvin this year
Romo has played better than Stafford this year

would you like to explain how the lions have more offensive talent?

The cowboys o-line is 100x better than who we'll be starting (key difference)
demarco murray is better than joique bell or reggie bush
dez bryant has played as well or better than calvin this year
romo has played better than stafford this year

eeeeeeeeee-bron!

Would you like to explain how the Lions have more offensive talent?

The Cowboys O-line is 100x better than who we'll be starting (KEY DIFFERENCE)
Demarco Murray is better than Joique Bell or Reggie Bush
Dez Bryant has played as well or better than Calvin this year
Romo has played better than Stafford this year

All put together by an alcoholic geriatric oilman and his silver spoon son who once traded a first and a third for Roy Williams.

Stafford calvin tate ebron all equal or more talented

Bush riddick receiving over Murray

Oline closer when lions are healthier

Stafford calvin tate ebron all equal or more talented

Bush riddick receiving over Murray

Oline closer when lions are healthier

1. Your opinion

2. Too bad their position isn't WR then

3. Too bad both Warford and Waddle are injured and won't be playing. And even if they were, Dallas would still have the superior O-line

With all that said, with Suh not being suspended, I think the Lions have a decent chance of winning. But our O-line is going to have to give Stafford some time in the pocket and Stafford needs to have a great game.

The defense will keep the Cowboys from going for over 30+ points I think, but we might need to score close to 30 in order to win. It's going to fall on the offense's shoulders.

1. Your opinion

2. Too bad their position isn't WR then

3. Too bad both Warford and Waddle are injured and won't be playing. And even if they were, Dallas would still have the superior O-line

Lions defense will eat cowboys offense for lunch. And lions can easily score 30 plus and win by double digits

Lions defense will eat cowboys offense for lunch. And lions can easily score 30 plus and win by double digits

I'll be a little surprised if the Lions defense destroys the Cowboys offense, but I'll be hoping it happens.

In terms of scoring 30+ points, the Lions did that in 3 out of 16 games during the regular season. The 3 teams were the Bears, Giants, and Bucs who rank 30th, 29th, and 25th ypg against. Those teams also rank 31st, 25th, and 22nd in ppg against.

The Cowboys rank 19th in ypg and 15th in ppg. So while the Cowboy's defense hasn't been great, they're better than any of the 3 teams we scored 30+ against. So while the Lions could score 30+ points, I find it unlikely to happen unless the Cowboys decide to single-cover Calvin again.

I've seen most of this forum being negative bitches all year. 11-5 playoffs. Shut your mouth negative nancies

Can you give some examples of this negativity? I don't think this qualifies:

*Stafford needs to be better. Especially on the road and especially against good teams.
*Lombardi's play calling is bland and predictable and he doesn't exploit weaknesses or use his weapons to their advantage.
*The draft class outside of Swanson has been non existent in their contribution to the team's success, especially our top ten pick.
*The defense has been great but not so great that we can rely on them with no offense.
*11-5 and playoffs get you a banner at Ford Field and nowhere else.
*Your shit is old and tired and played out and you can go suck a groin lollipop.

Can you give some examples of this negativity? I don't think this qualifies:

*Stafford needs to be better. Especially on the road and especially against good teams.
*Lombardi's play calling is bland and predictable and he doesn't exploit weaknesses or use his weapons to their advantage.
*The draft class outside of Swanson has been non existent in their contribution to the team's success, especially our top ten pick.
*The defense has been great but not so great that we can rely on them with no offense.
*11-5 and playoffs get you a banner at Ford Field and nowhere else.
*Your shit is old and tired and played out and you can go suck a groin lollipop.

Everything you said was negative and incorrect

Back